[aprssig] Finding HF GATEs on FINDU

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Thu Jul 27 09:04:17 EDT 2006

But steve,
Where is the reference for these patches to the symbol.cgi?
If you could add them to the FINDU.COM paragraph
description for the symbol.cgi, then we could look them
up each time.  I just can't remember all these little jewels.
OK, "amp"=&, and "pound"=#, but if that was in the
CGI description, then we could all find them easily.

thanks
Bob

>>> Steve Dimse <steve at dimse.com> 07/26/06 6:17 PM >>>
Bob, I love you most of all because you even LOOK like the absent
minded professor you ARE...

 From Christmas Eve, 2004 (I was laid up in bed with a shattered
ankle, why were you emailing on Xmas eve????), when I fixed this at
your urging:

Begin forwarded message:
> On 12/24/04 at 6:05 PM Robert Bruninga <bruninga at usna.edu> sent:
>
>> I suspect the # digi character is throwing your CGI parser
>> for a loop?  Im trying to work on the overall North
>> Americal Strategy for digis and need to konw where
>> all the T digis are...
>>
> I spent a little time trying to find a general solution and
> couldn't, so here's
> a quick and dirty solution, the text pound gets replaced with # and
> amp replaced
> with &. There are probably other problems, if you need any I'll fix
> them, but
> this isn't a popular cgi, only 323 hits this month, and that
> includes the
> release mention on aprssig...
>
> http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/symbol.cgi?icon=Tpound
> http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/symbol.cgi?icon=/amp

Maybe if I started billing you for each time you do this....

Steve K4HG