[aprssig] vehicle laptop mount for APRS rig

Nick Kotch nkotch at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 18 22:15:50 EDT 2006

I currently use a 7" touchscreen LCD screen hooked up to a computer I have
installed under the passenger's seat, but could just as easily put a docking
station under the seat hooked to the screen and then just slide in your
laptop when you get in the car.

http://www.jenandnick.org/DSCN1599.JPG

A little bit ago someone brought up the mp3car.com site, I had gotten this
screen from someone on there for a good price and it works really well.  The
computer is based on one of those low-power VIA compact motherboards and
runs windows xp just fine.  Besides running some front end software to
control music and navigation software I also run APRS.... not very
touch-screen but with a wireless keyboard and mouse it's not bad.   These
motherboards would seem to be a good option for a lower-power/compact
computer for general amateur radio use.

Nick
KF4BYA