[aprssig] vehicle laptop mount for APRS rig

John Habbinga kc5zrq at gmail.com
Tue Jul 18 17:28:22 EDT 2006

> not the same as "temporary".  But for something as heavy as a laptop,
> it's almost a given that it will need to attach to a seat attachment
> bolt or other similarly sturdy mount.

When using the bean-bag pillow desk, I hit the brakes hard, and I mean
really hard, and the laptop stayed put.  Laptop is about 8 lbs, the
pillow might weigh more.  I also used it in a van, setting on the
center console, as we led the lead cyclist around a triathlon course.
If I didn't have that, then I would have had to hold the laptop on my
lap.  That certainly wouldn't have been desirable.  It makes me wonder
why anyone calls them laptops.