[aprssig] vehicle laptop mount for APRS rig

Drew Baxter droobie at maine.rr.com
Tue Jul 18 17:33:28 EDT 2006

Apple takes care to call their new ones Notebook in the manual,
namely because the only assurance putting the new Macbooks and
Macbook Pros on your lap is sterility or burns.  Mine in particular
tends to be around 150-180 degrees. I think it even says in there NOT
to use it on your lap, for those very reasons.

It's probably not just them.  I have a few year old ones from other
companies that get hot enough that you probably don't want your hand
on it for very long.  I'm not surprised most of the people I know
seem to have those cooling pads nowadays attached to the bottom of them.

--Droo, K1XVM