[aprssig] Re: APRS Video Podcast Distribution Challenge

Jason Winningham jdw at eng.uah.edu
Wed Jul 5 11:52:51 EDT 2006

On Jul 5, 2006, at 10:20 AM, Richard Amirault wrote:

> .. but if you tell someone that you have to wait 5 or 10 or more
> minutes before they see frame one it would discourage them from
> even starting the process.

That's the point of a podcast _subscription_.  If you decide you want
to see or hear more clips, you subscribe and your computer downloads
them automatically.

It'll only take 5 or 10 minutes if you've got a slow connection (e.g.
dialup).  It took about a minute on my low end DSL connection.  I'll
gladly trade the time for quality.

-Jason
kg4wsv