[aprssig] TEMPn-N system for fill-in UIDIGI's and D700's

Randy Allen ka0azs at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 28 09:56:50 EST 2006

Just to make it simple for us simple folks, let's make sure I understand
how to do this.

In my D700 Setup::

1.  On the UIDIGI menu (Menu 3-L) Input to read on the screen "TEMPn-N"
  ONLY( i.e remove all ALIAS's?  Or do we put in actual values for "n"
and "N", with the values being dependent on the local network conditions?

2.  Turn DIGIPEATER ON  (Menu 3-K) and leave it on at all times?

(Currently I have it set to WIDE1-1, and leave the DIGIPEATER off,
turning it on only if I need a fill in DIGI for an event, traveling with
a low power tracker in another vehicle, etc.)

3.  Then, when needing a temporary DIGI, add TEMP2-2, etc. to the path
of the other devices that will be using the D-700 as a digi(or replace
the current path in your Field Day example so as to use only the temp
network)?

You know us ex-AF types.  Gotta be in a checklist if you want us to do
it right!  ;-)

--
Randy Allen, KAØAZS