[aprssig] KPC 3

VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Tue Jan 24 18:21:43 EST 2006

Chris (callsign?) wrote on Jan 24 2006

> upgrades to 8.2 firmware are not expensive and can make a version 5 or 6
> kpc-3 usable with the new settings.

I hope I wasn't misleading Fred. The original KPC-3 was discontinued  in
1996. Kantronics used to have firmware updates for it, but it will never be
a KPC-3+.  However, I thought they had discontinued updates for the KPC-3.
According to www.kantronics.com/legacy.html#firmware, the version 8.2
firmware was the most up-to-date firmware that they made available, but
right at the top of the above page it states "Kantronics no longer offers
the following products for sale." Does anyone know if they
still have updates available for non plus versions of the KPC-3?

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH