[aprssig] KPC 3

Brad [VE3BSM] lists.nospam at bpsmicro.com
Wed Jan 25 16:17:07 EST 2006

I hope I wasn't misleading Fred. The original KPC-3 was discontinued  in
1996. Kantronics used to have firmware updates for it, but it will never be
a KPC-3+.  However, I thought they had discontinued updates for the KPC-3.
According to www.kantronics.com/legacy.html#firmware, the version 8.2
firmware was the most up-to-date firmware that they made available, but
right at the top of the above page it states "Kantronics no longer offers
the following products for sale." Does anyone know if they still have
updates available for non plus versions of the KPC-3?
<<<

Kantronics has steadfastly refused to support the older models in any way,
shape or form. Many have asked, apparently, and always been told that there
are *no* copies of the 8.2 firmware available through them.
Quite a few people have burned copies of the 8.2 firmware, but generally
don't advertise them publicly because Kantronics tend to bitch. They really,
really don't want anybody with the old KPC3 units to upgrade them through
any means.
Why? One might assume it's because they actually think that by taking that
attitude, us KPC3 owners will just rush out and buy new KPC3+ replacements.
I'd imagine most of us vote on *that* idea with our feet.