[aprssig] Re: Radio Shack (NOT)

ki6nj at comcast.net ki6nj at comcast.net
Sat Jan 21 12:39:53 EST 2006

As I recall the present day Radio Shack got its name from a small radio store in Boston, MA.  The present day Radio Shack is the merger of the Allied Radio Co., Chicago and the Boston Radio Shack.  Perhaps someone else has more info on the topic.  When I was a kid in the early thirties, I bought my radio supplies from Allied Radio.
73 Max KI6NJ

From: Arte Booten <n2zrc at earthlink.net>