[aprssig] Kenwood TM-451a

Michael J. Wolthuis wolthui3 at msu.edu
Thu Jan 5 14:56:52 EST 2006

Has anyone used a Kenwood TM-451a with 9600bps packet and used it
successfully?  I have mine hooked up to a KPC-9612 and with my th-d7a about
3 feet from the radio it will decode about every 1 out of 5 packets I send.
However, I have it listening to PCSAT2 and it decodes nothing.  Also, if I
move out of the house and away from the radio it does not appear to decode
anything.

I have tried adjusting the KPC9612 PODs and to no delight.  The RCV light
comes on every time, but the packets do not get decoded.

I did turn PASSALL ON as Bob recommended.  Any other ideas?  Could it be the
TM-451a is just not capable of 9600bps packet?

Mike
Kb8zgl