[aprssig] The best resolution of --- Kenwood

Bill Vodall WA7NWP wa7nwp at jnos.org
Thu Jan 5 13:36:24 EST 2006

> Two years ago at Dayton, I talked to multiple Kenwood reps

It finally dawned on me that we're talking to the wrong Kenwood folks.
We need to get Kenwood marketing in a headlock.  Explain to them how
some tweaks and fixes to the D700 would result in the first ever dual
band frequency agile programmable 9k6 data radio for Amateur Radio.
They would sell by the (tens of?) thousands to the Winlink folks and
probably more thousands to we APRS and legacy packet users that could
use them.

I paid $1200 (I think) for a IC-821 simply because it was one of the few
rigs that would really do 9600 baud.  A rig with a built in TNC at half
that price (that really does 9600) would be incredible.

Bill - WA7NWP