[aprssig] Global FRS radio like AVRS

Dale Blanchard wa7ixk at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 26 21:10:07 EST 2006

A.J. Farmer (AJ3U) wrote:
> I saw those too at Best Buy this week!  I think it was called
> "DingoTel" or something like that...  It appeared to be very similar
> to IRLP, but for FRS radios.
>
> On 2/26/06, Robert Bruninga <bruninga at usna.edu> wrote:
>
>>Today at Best Buy, I noticed a little USB dongle that
>>included an interface to an FRS radio.  Then you use
>>your own FRS radio as a 2 way radio anywhere in the
>>world via VOIP.
>>
>>Sounds like the license-free version of IRLP and ECHolink.
>>But for $54 I didnt bite...
>>
>>Anyone played with this?
>>
>>Bob, Wb4APR
My Motorola FRS radios take the same mike as my Icom HT's.
Looks like it could be adapted th Ham HT's.
Butt with Echolink, maybe not needed.

The interface may be easier.
But who do you talk to and how do you connect.
I may check that out tomorrow. I get a discount.
It may be a good interface that hams can hack for ham use or abuse.
WA7IXK
Dale