[aprssig] Global FRS radio like AVRS

scott at opentrac.org scott at opentrac.org
Sun Feb 26 21:01:18 EST 2006

Anyone know what the FCC's take on these is?  FRS was meant to be a
short-range service.  As far as I can tell these things don't violate the
letter of Part 95, but I can see where the FCC might get upset if they
become widespread.  I wouldn't buy one just because the whole 'no external
antenna' rule really limits how useful a base station installation can be.

Scott
N1VG