[aprssig] Geo Files

AE5PL Lists HamLists at ametx.com
Sun Feb 26 10:01:05 EST 2006

Bill,

These were not two questions as they were in the same paragraph and that
second sentence is completely tied to the first part of the paragraph.
But I guess I should not expect someone who uses the non-word
"irregardless" to understand basic English constructs.  I never referred
to the RIDGE world files, only to the geo files so where you deduced I
was asking about the RIDGE world files is beyond me.  Feel insulted if
you wish, continue to be derogatory if you must, but you did not answer
my posts nor have you.  As you stated, you are only guessing based on
the various documents omitting any specific reference to what the geo
file coordinates refer to.  I already knew what they _didn't_ say.  I am
asking the authors or anyone else who has _definite_ knowledge for an
answer.

In the meantime, people can use the coordinates given in the two tables
at http://www.aprs-is.net/wx for their applications.
http://www.aprs-is.net/wx/RIDGERadar.asp coordinates are based on the
corners of the pixels as that is what javAPRS uses.
http://www.aprs-is.net/wx/RIDGEGeo.asp coordinates are based on the
centers of the pixels as that is what I stated I was guessing that other
applications might be using.

73,

Pete Loveall AE5PL
mailto:pete at ae5pl.net