[aprssig] Multiple Clients with AGWPE

(SV2AGW)George Rossopoulos sv2agw at raag.org
Sat Feb 18 12:58:57 EST 2006

Hi

This question is for Packet Engine Yahoo group list.........

Packet Engine sends back frames transmitted by  connected applications
indicated as "Transmitted". So an application may choose to discard those
frames.

If you wish to send packets between applications connected to Packet Engine
then you should add a loopback port.
Loopback port is a port that behaves like a tnc but only receives and sends
packets to applications connected to Packet Engine.
That way when the Digi_Ned transmits will send the packet also over the
loopback port. That way JavAPRSSrv and WinAPRS will receive all those
frames.

Loopback port has first added to help developers check their application
without transmitting over the air. But later we found many uses for it. Like
connect to running BBS or digi to remote control etc

73

micro USB TNT (A pocket TNC with Build in Tracker and APRS digi with USB and
battery for portable operation)
www.elcom.gr

(SV2AGW)George Rossopoulos
sv2agw at elcom.gr