[aprssig] D700 digi and unproto

Chris Rose kb8uih at sbcglobal.net
Tue Feb 14 21:52:39 EST 2006

Forgive if you have solutions to your query.  To help eliminate unwanted
signals in your SAR efforts the Kenwoods support special messages and calls
if I am not mistaken.  Your last paragraph addresses this issue.  Plug in a
the special code and set all of your units to this setting.  In order to
keep all your units talking to each other a special call sign would need to
be used I believe.  The special code may only apply to messaging, not
parsing of position data.

Use tactical calls and address your digi path to address that.  Don't use
generic Wides, use specific calls for your portable digis and mobiles to
help eliminate unwanted traffic on your net.

What about PLing all of your rigs to make sure you only hear your group and
not other signals?

What about using an alternate frequency or frequencies?  Then use one of
your portable digis to tie into the main frequency on 144.39 if necessary?

Good luck,
Chris
KB8UIH