[aprssig] SAR Aircraft 144.99 => 144.39 digis...

Gregg Wonderly gregg at wonderly.org
Wed Feb 8 21:26:56 EST 2006

Jason Rausch wrote:
> --- Robert Bruninga <bruninga at usna.edu> wrote:
>

>>Probably be a good idea if you use a commercial
>>rig for APRS, to include the 144.99 transmit
>>channel since it is the receommended APRS alternate
>>input frequency...  Just an idea.  Bob
>

> Agreed.  I was just simply stating that asking people
> to use alternate frequencies may require people a
> little more than just spinning the VFO knob.

I think that Bob is refering to feature on must consumer ham equipment to switch
the offset from + to - to none.  This allows you to be on 144.390, push the
'repeater' button and change the offset so that you transmit on 144.990 and
still receive on 144.390 to get all of the APRS traffic.

Gregg Wonderly
W5GGW