[aprssig] Northern Virginia (Wash DC area)

Jason Rausch jason at ke4nyv.com
Wed Feb 8 14:45:39 EST 2006

--- scott at opentrac.org wrote:

> Anyone know what the situation is like to the west,
> in the Shenandoah
> Valley?  My parents are there, and from what I see
> of their tracker (KB6VAA)
> the coverage isn't good.  I think they've got a site
> available with
> commercial power if someone's got a digi they'd like
> to put up.  I could
> probably ship an Igate out there, too.

Scott, from what I saw (via findu.com) they are in the
Front Royal area, still pretty much considered N.
Virginia.  I moved here from Virginia Beach back in
'99 and at the time there was almost no APRS activity
in this area.  The Virginia Beach area at the time was
booming (that was how I got into APRS in the first
place).  The Roanoke area (my current location) has
been very up and down in activity.  I have tried my
best to keep digis up and updated.  My personal digi
sat at our Motorola shop for about a year before
recently being relocated to a mountain site damn near
the center of town.  I immediately saw an increase in
coverage and general signal strength throughout the
valley.

BTW> Kits showed up and I just got them together,
thanks!

Jason KE4NYV
www.ke4nyv.com
RPC Electronics