[aprssig] Northern Virginia (Wash DC area)

Jason Rausch jason at ke4nyv.com
Wed Feb 8 14:39:40 EST 2006

Well, as for Southwest Virginia, I can say we're just
all about switched over to the new way of doing
things.  Myself and FD K4FDS personally reprogrammed
N2EDE-5 ,http://map.findu.com/n2ede-5> to the new
method and it was put back into service.  KE4NYV-5
<http://map.findu.com/ke4nyv-5> has also been placed
in a much better location and is compliant with the
new method.

Most of the local users and surreounding users have
started to use the WIDEn-n path method to help reduce
duplicate packets and it seems to be working VERY well
so far.  With the very near future of about 6 new
HamHUDs going on the air in this area, we will be
looking at much more steady traffic.

My personal experience with the N. Virginia APRS users
has been very negative in the fact that they are happy
how they are doing things and they don't want to
change it.  This was very evident in Charlottesville
and the surrounding areas.

Jason KE4NYV
www.ke4nyv.com
RPC Electronics