[aprssig] Waypoint truncation

scott at opentrac.org scott at opentrac.org
Tue Feb 7 00:22:01 EST 2006

Got it implemented...

http://n1vg.net/opentracker/images/gps48-truncated.gif

It still bugs me not to have the callsign, though.  I think I'll add an
option to put the actual callsign in the comment field.  Oddly enough, even
units like the GPS 48 that don't support long waypoint names still display a
16-character comment.  The eTrex units, though, seem to be a step backwards
with no comment support.  Oh well.  Looking over my test set of LA data, it
looks like dropping the '-' does manage to preserve a number of callsigns
that would have been truncated otherwise.

Scott
N1VG