[aprssig] Waypoint truncation

Richard Amirault ramirault at verizon.net
Mon Feb 6 19:13:28 EST 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "A.J. Farmer (AJ3U)"
Subject: Re: [aprssig] Waypoint truncation
This is just a menu setting on the Kenwoods.  The default is 6
characters.  All you have to do is to go into the D700 or D7 menu and
change the setting from 6 characters to 9 characters.  That way it
will send the entire callsign to the GPS.  I don't have the book in
front of me right now or else I would give you the exact setting, but
it is pretty easy to find.  Just look on the APRS menu.

Reminder: Some GPS units will not accept a 9 character waypoint.

Richard Amirault                                N1JDU                Boston,
MA, USA
n1jdu.org                                   "Go Fly A Kite"