[aprssig] backup pwr systems - slightly off-topic

Derek Koonce derek at dkoonce.com
Mon Dec 11 01:36:19 EST 2006

Bruce,
I have looked at these systems. Most on-grid systems will shut down if
they detect the power grid shutting down. They will not power the house
in this state unless one has a battery back-up system. And then the
system will disconnect the house from the grid to prevent "islanding".

Derek Koonce
KE6JTP