[aprssig] backup pwr systems

Bruce Gordon bgordon at ltronics.com
Sun Dec 10 19:33:56 EST 2006

Bob,

What you describe is exactly a grid-tie inverter, just not so large as those
used in all house or larger systems.  I have never seen how they protect
themselves and others from the hazards of tying to the grid but I can't
think of a reason that it couldn't be done in a smaller unit.  Might burn up
a little of that "copious free time" however.

Bruce Gordon