[aprssig] backup pwr systems

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Dec 4 12:09:41 EST 2006

Please, anyone using lead-acid batteries, liquid or gelled, be
_very_ careful using these in or near a building, or inside the
passenger compartment of a car.

I met a ham once that lost his business in a fire, started from a
battery left on a charger.  I don't recall now whether the battery
itself heated up and started the fire or whether it was due to the
hydrogen released during charging and a spark somewhere.  In any
case, use the proper precautions.  Be safe!