[aprssig] Filter port

AE5PL Lists HamLists at ametx.com
Mon Aug 28 16:14:40 EDT 2006

The previous version of javAPRSFilter did not hold exactly to the
specification found at
http://www.aprs-is.net/javaprssrvr/javaprsfilter.htm

> I quote from the filter.txt file on your web page..
>
> Syntax:        t/type
>                 t/type/call/dist
>

> call = call of a station or object
>
> So, using t/n/ILX*/MKX*, I was following the guideline
> t(type)/n(NWS)/call(ILX*)/call(MKX*)

You read more there than is in the spec.  It says t/type/call/dist  That
means exactly that.  Not t/type/call/call or call with wildcards.

> That should work as well as p(prefix)/ILX*/MKX since n was a
> type as well as the calls equaling a type.

The p filter does not use wildcards (it is, by definition, using an
implied wildcard).  As to callsigns matching ILX or MKX for a prefix, I
think you will be hard pressed to fine non-NWS packets from stations
using those prefixes.

> I will survive, but it has me confused and I will cease from
> pestering the sig... :-)

73,

Pete Loveall AE5PL
mailto:pete at ae5pl.net