[aprssig] Tracking my trip

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Fri Aug 18 06:47:50 EDT 2006

On Fri, 18 Aug 2006, Bob Burns K4RXR wrote:

> The automatic config selection could automatically change
> the status text, but, as Garren found out, if you automatically
> select configs based on tracker speed, the tracker will change
> configs whenever you are stopped in traffic. That wasn't what Garren wanted.

This is what my OpenTracker currently does, but that's ok with me.
Changes my symbol to a hiker (from a Jeep) and sends out battery
voltage and status text when below 4mph.  No battery voltage or
status text when above 4mph.

> So, would it be possible to automatically select configs based on the
> amount of time the tracker is in one of the selection parameters? For
> instance, could Opentracker automatically select the other config if
> the tracker was at 0 mph for 30 minutes?

An alternative:  Have it switch configs if the battery voltage is
below a certain amount.  That means sometimes shortly after you're
parked and the charge system is inactive, it'll switch.  I'd have to
check again to see if that's one of the options on the OpenTracker
for switching configs though.  I know there's an option to stop
transmitting entirely when it goes below a certain level.