[aprssig] Tracking my trip

Bob Burns K4RXR k4rxr_ at rlburns.net
Fri Aug 18 10:37:14 EDT 2006

Quoting "Curt, WE7U" <archer at eskimo.com>:

> An alternative:  Have it switch configs if the battery voltage is
> below a certain amount.  That means sometimes shortly after you're
> parked and the charge system is inactive, it'll switch.

Based on what I read in the Opentracker documentation, that would seem
to work.

Another possibility is that the decision can be based on JP3. That could be
wired as a binary input from a switch controlled by the vehicle's
transmission.
Some vehicles intended for police duty have a "siren park" contact that the
installer can use to silence the siren when the driver puts the
transmission in
Park.

Bob...