[aprssig] Xastir?

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Sep 28 13:17:10 EDT 2005

On Wed, 28 Sep 2005, A.J. Farmer (AJ3U) wrote:

> You can run Xastir on Windows through CYGWIN.
>
> This document explains how to do it:
>
> http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/*checkout*/xastir/xastir/README.win32?&view=auto
>
> Be warned, this is not a trivial install, but it works.  Just go step
> by step and be patient and you will be rewarded with being able to run
> Xastir under Windows.

There are other options as well.  Two people so far have created
install CD's that make it easier to install on Windows, automating
much of it.  Find info about that on the Binary Downloads link off
www.xastir.org

Another option is to use one of the bootable Linux CD's.  Hamshack
Hack is one such, and there are others (usually Knoppix or Morphix
variants).  Just insert the CD in your Windows box, boot into a
better OS, and run Xastir directly off CD.  Doesn't touch your
Windows drive unless you want it to.