[aprssig] Xastir?

Jason Winningham jdw at eng.uah.edu
Wed Sep 28 13:19:41 EDT 2005

>> I've been trying to find a working install of Xastir for some time to
>> evaluate,

The Knoppix live CD has several ham oriented unix applications, xastir
among them.  The CD I downloaded some time back had an old (1.4)
version of xastir, but there's a fairly recent release of knoppix that
may have something newer.

A "Live" CD is one that has a live linux OS on it, so you can boot from
CD and have a working system without harming your original OS on disk.
Other than the old version issue, it's ideal for evaluating the
applications that happen to be on the disk.

-Jason
kg4wsv