[aprssig] AJ3U-5 Sat Packets

Andrew Rich vk4tec at tech-software.net
Mon Sep 26 20:51:13 EDT 2005

When you create web pages and stats based on the APRS IS data, if you
get land based packets that "look" like they came from a satellite,
then you do not have the real data. You have someone's made up
satellite packets.

When you only have 30 odd lines to show the last real satellite
packets, you don't want it clogged up with ground based faked packets.

It is a constant battle to keep having to code out other packets that
may interfere.

Like APRS Spam, a packet says it came from a sat when it did not.