[aprssig] Help setting up Kenwood D700A

Vic Fraenckel victorf at windreader.com
Thu Sep 15 08:27:17 EDT 2005

Robbie wrote:
> The display will have a BCON displayed just left of the flashing GPS
> (indicating valid NMEA input)

Yes it is displayed.

Herb, KB7UVC wrote:
1. What are you using for a transmitting path?  Hopefully WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1

It is currently set to Wide2-2. I must confess I DO NOT understand what value it should be set to.

2. Another problem that has bagged me a few times is that if your squelch is
turned too low and the radio is wide open, then it will not transmit!

I believe it is set properly, but I will double check.

...DOUG KD4MOJ wrote:
And really all you need is the ground and TX from the GPS is you don't want all those waypoints flooding back to your GPS. I had that problem with the Garmins... getting
the data FROM the D700 populating my waypoints in the GPS.

I did not realize that this could happen. Should I disconnect the TO GPS (DATA OUT) wire?

Someone wrote
>> with AprsPoint and the D700 setup conversation. I had hoped to have my
>>  Hopefully I'll have the help page ready tonight (with setup
>> graphics) and point the folks to it.

Waiting to here about this.

I want to thanks all of you who have taken the time to educate me on how to set up my D700. I have learned alot of useful things and you all have removed some of the 'mystery' for me.

Vic

Victor Fraenckel - The Windman
victorf ATSIGN windreader DOT com
KC2GUI