[aprssig] Help setting up Kenwood D700A

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu Sep 15 14:44:19 EDT 2005

On Thu, 15 Sep 2005, Vic Fraenckel wrote:

> ...DOUG KD4MOJ wrote:
> And really all you need is the ground and TX from the GPS is you don't want all those waypoints flooding back to your GPS. I had that problem with the Garmins... getting
> the data FROM the D700 populating my waypoints in the GPS.
>
> I did not realize that this could happen. Should I disconnect the TO GPS (DATA OUT) wire?

On the Garmins you have NMEA-IN/NMEA-OUT setting on your Interface
menu.  Just don't enable NMEA-IN and you won't have this happen.

It's nice to be able to turn that on and see APRS stations on your
GPS map screen, so if I were you I'd at least hook up the wires so
you have that capability if you decide later that you want it.  You
can always delete waypoints by type to get rid of all of them at
once, without disturbing your other waypoints.