[aprssig] PK88 as WIDEn-N Digi ?

KB5ILY - Travis W. Burton kb5ily at arrl.net
Wed Sep 14 17:26:56 EDT 2005

A couple of years ago I bought an old PK88 and I would like to set it up
as an WIDEn-N Digi.

On the eprom lable is:
	(c) AEA 1989
	PK 88 E 1646

I know it isn't the latest firmware version, however the latest version
costs $50, which is several times what I paid for the PK88 itself.  I have
yet to connect it to a radio, so not sure if the RF side works.  However,
I have tested the computer side and it is working between the tnc and my
laptop.

I do not have any manual or supporting documents on the PK88, my past work
has all been with MFJ tncs, so I know nothing about AEAs.

Will it function as WIDEn-N digi:
			as is ?
    with latest PK88 firmware ?
with some other firmware swap ?  (ie, Ui-digi, other ?)

Thanks and 73 de Travis KB5ILY

--
           Travis W. Burton, ESQ., KB5ILY / Prescott, AR
 EC - Nevada County AR, SATERN, ARRL Istructor & VE, AREC I, II & III
                 Internet: mailto:kb5ily at arrl.net
                    WWW:  http://www.kb5ily.org
               GOD BLESS THE UNITED STATES of AMERICA
Only he who Attempts the Ridiculous can Achieve the Impossible. (WILL HENRY)
       Red Hat Linux version 7.2 is my operating system of choice.

                   Computers are like Air Conditioners,
             they stop working correctly when you open windows.