[aprssig] How should this work -> TRACE WIDE2-2

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Wed Sep 14 10:14:17 EDT 2005

TRACE is obsolete and no longer supported
TRACEn-N is obsolete and no longer supported
WIDEn-N is now fully traced.

You should ignore TRACE and TRACEn-N packets.
Bob
>>> <maiko at pcs.mb.ca> 09/14/05 1:06 AM >>>
Let's say that my system recognizes WIDE2-2, but not
the TRACE digi call.

A station on RF sends a MIC-E frame as follows :

     STATION > UXXXXX via TRACE via WIDE2-2

question 1: should my system digi this as a WIDE2-1, or
should my system ignore this (since TRACE is the immediate
destination call, not WIDE2-2) ?

question 2 : for a TRACE capable system, what should IT do ?

Maiko Langelaar / VE4KLM
http://www.langelaar.net
JNOS 2.0 + NOSaprs