[aprssig] How should this work -> TRACE WIDE2-2

Stan Coleman [NØYXV] n0yxv at gihams.org
Wed Sep 14 12:52:11 EDT 2005

I used to have both the old settings and the new settings thinking I was being
nice to people that haddn't switched over. I have since revisited my thinking
and removed all support for the old settings. My current thinking is "Tough
Love" if we keep pandering to the old settings people won't need to (or want
to) switch. As soon as their packets stop getting digipeated they might start
asking around to find out why it's not working. I have meet several Hams that
get it Packet or RTTY or some other special area and then move on to other
areas of interest. When they leave one specialty for another they continue to
leave their stations operating, and don't revisit settings unless something
stops working. So it's possible that many of these stations simply don't know
and if their settings stop working they might start asking around. It's just
another way to reach people and spread the word about the new settings.
--
visit us on line at
www.gihams.org