[aprssig] APRS Voice Alert

Dave Baxter dave at emv.co.uk
Wed Sep 7 11:28:58 EDT 2005

.....and as a mobile or portable station you are low to the ground and
have a limited simplex range.....

If that's the case as a mobile, you'll be out of range in a minute or
so..  Not a lot of time to have a chat.

As Scott of OpenTrac once proposed.  I'd prefer to know what repeaters
are about, callsign's, channel's and access requirements etc.  Much more
useful I think for the majority.

I know from what has been said hear how it -*should*- be used, but in
all honesty, with the limited band space we suffer, many people WILL
chat on the APRS frequency as a result, through ignorance it has to be
said.

73.

	Dave.