[aprssig] Airborne APRS

w2pi at optonline.net w2pi at optonline.net
Fri Oct 28 12:02:58 EDT 2005

I would put a D7 in the chase vehicle not in the plane, since it can't act as a digi. Why manually relay the position if you don't have to?

Instead, I would put a simple digi in the plane (such as a KPC3 and an HT) and a D7 and GPS with a map display in the chase vehicle. This way the position can be relayed to the chase vehicle and displayed directly on the map. If you use a GPS that plots routes, it will tell you how to get there from where you are...

73,
Paul, W2PI