[aprssig] Airborne APRS

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Fri Oct 28 12:09:10 EDT 2005

I think the D7 in the plane gives you the simplest solution.  It's not fun
having a big, unwieldy temporary setup in the plane.  I can remember having
2 meter and ATV gear spread out all over the back seat.  It'd take 10
minutes after landing to extricate myself from all the cables.

If you've got an ammo can packed and ready to go that you can just hook a
window-mounted antenna to, sure, a digi would work.  But for a non-moving
target, I'd go for simplicity.

Of course, you could always launch a second balloon to act as a digi for the
first.  =]

Scott
N1VG