[aprssig] Was Linux PC Kit....Verizon/RF APRS Mobile

Jason Rausch jason at ke4nyv.com
Tue Oct 4 13:41:06 EDT 2005

I'll sway us back...

I think a full touchscreen with a computer running
Windows or Linux is key for a true 100% mobile APRS
setup.  Also, running a mini-itx computer in the car
allows for endless options for TNCs, GPSs and more.
Somthing like a TNC-X running USB could be easily
mounted inside of the computer case and interfaced to
one of the extra USB pin headers found on most
motherboards today.  The same goes for GPSs.

Jason KE4NYV
www.ke4nyv.com
RPC Electronics
www.rpc-electronics.com