[aprssig] Igateing a Non Amateur

Mark White jmarkw at ec.rr.com
Sat Oct 1 13:06:01 EDT 2005

On Sat, 10/01/2005, 12:43PM, Steve Dimse wrote:
<snip>
> In the very beginning, this was easy, as there were very few
> client programs, and only my own code was a hub. The release of aprsd
> complicated things since it was open source. The validation code was
> distributed as a compiled module, but could be easily circumvented.
<snip>

Security through obscurity never works....just ask Microsoft.  If you
want a secure system, or in this case a system where validation is
important, it must be designed from the ground up.  Opening the source
should have no consequence on said system.  Witness OpenSSH.  The
source is completely open yet it's the most secure remote access system
to date.

73 de KE4QKT
Mark