[aprssig] Re: APRS Standard Connectors?

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Wed Nov 30 12:30:47 EST 2005

> It would be really nice if the next rev of the OT/TT family
> would implement it, especially since they're starting to
> provide +5V for GPS units!

Only objection here is that the OpenTracker is already using pin 7 as its
1-wire bus output.  I guess it could be jumpered so that it selects either
1-wire bus or +5 volts.  Actually 1-wire bus does supply 5 volts, but
limited to a couple of mA.  You'd just have to bypass the pull-up resistor
and disconnect the MCU pin to avoid frying it when it goes to an output low
state.

The new OpenTracker board layouts I'm testing all have an output voltage
selector jumper.  One setting selects regulated +5 volt output on pin 4, the
other selects the unregulated supply (usually 12 volts).  And this time the
settings are marked on the board silkscreen!

Scott, N1VG
http://n1vg.net/opentracker