[aprssig] Xastir install issues

Dave Baxter dave at emv.co.uk
Wed Nov 30 09:40:36 EST 2005

Hi..

My replies indented below...

	That's exactly what I did.  But Xastir is NOT installed.  It is
	Downloaded as a gz2 file, whatever that is, but it is NOT
installed
	or processed in any way, it's just sitting there...

> I will agree with earlier statements that if you try to
> follow this path and the README.win32 both, then you will get
> confused.

	What else am I suposed to do?  Other than the end dialog of
"Done"
	No other confirmation as to what was installed was present,
other
	than the CygWin icon on the desktop.

> The only thing that I think may be missing from these
> instructions is how to start Xastir after you have it
> installed. Simply run "Start - Programs - Cygwin-X - xterm"
> In the window that opens, simply type "/usr/local/bin/xastir"

	There is no such path created by the install, from memory,
	as I'm not in front of the machine in question at the mo.

	If that is the case, I assume it can be shortcuted somehow.

> I'll also agree with others that this is probably not the
> best forum to discuss Xastir installation issues - the Xastir
> mailing list has a number of experts that are more than
> willing to help you thru any issues that you may have.

	Assuming one can view the Xastir list and any FAQ's it may
	have, just in case they can help.  I can't, content warnings
	and error 404.

> Good luck!

	Thanks, I need it!...