[aprssig] Xastir install issues - never say never

Bill Vodall wa7nwp at jnos.org
Wed Nov 30 12:15:43 EST 2005

On Wed, 30 Nov 2005, Dave Baxter wrote:

> Not sure where you get your 7 clicks to install.  Cygwin maybe, Xastir
> never.
>
> As I said earlier, this is being done via the net NO CD...  It is Wes's
> instructions I tried to follow.  Cygwin, OK, Xastir no way.

Sorry but never say never.  Back when it was actively supported, simply
selecting the winxastir min or stable package from the network install
would automatically bring in the executables and all required dependencies.

I haven't tested it lately lately - but it did work.   I'll run it on
the laptop today and see what happens.

Very few found efforts like this worth supporting so I've been
forced to redirect my energies towards more rewarding projects.

Bill