[aprssig] Xastir install issues

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Wed Nov 30 01:55:15 EST 2005

On Tue, 29 Nov 2005, Wes Johnston wrote:

> I have recently
> remastered the "hamshack hack" knoppix cd to include shapelibs of each
> county in South Carolina and it still fits on a CD with room to spare.
> Anyone wishing a copy, please contact me.

Probably many people missed what this CD really is:  It's a bootable
Linux OS with lots of ham applications on it, including Xastir.  If
your computer can boot directly from CD (on most computers nowadays
it's just a matter of setting your BIOS to allow such booting) then
you can reboot your box into Linux without touching your hard drive
at all, just to play with Linux or the ham applications.  It's a
wonderful way to play without fear of hurting anything.

Knoppix, Morphix, Harv's Hamshack Hack CD, all of these are examples
of such boot-and-run Linux CD's.  There are many more examples.  Try
one!

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer