[aprssig] Xastir install issues

Dave Baxter dave at emv.co.uk
Tue Nov 29 08:22:10 EST 2005

Hi Wes..

I don't doubt what you say, but the problem is, that on at least one of
the Xastir pages on Source Forge, "Windows" is mentioned as a suported
OS  http://sourceforge.net/projects/xastir/  There is even a suposed
binary to download and run.  But, as earlier it was either a .tar or .gz
format, not a lot of use to us lowley Winderz users.

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=45562  From
following the link to windows in the first link above, then searching
for Xastir.

If there is (as I suspect) no viable version of Xastir for any Windows
version, please remove all refernece to Windows in the Xastir Source
Forge pages!..

Cheers...

Dave G0WBX.