[aprssig] Xastir install issues

James Jefferson Jarvis jj at aprsworld.net
Tue Nov 29 08:34:44 EST 2005

On Tuesday 29 November 2005 07:22, Dave Baxter wrote:
> There is even a suposed
> binary to download and run.  But, as earlier it was either a .tar or .gz
> format, not a lot of use to us lowley Winderz users.

> If there is (as I suspect) no viable version of Xastir for any Windows
> version, please remove all refernece to Windows in the Xastir Source
> Forge pages!..

Dave, you just pointed out that there is a binary for windows (just in a
format that you can't deal with), therefore your second request seems a bit
bold and unnecessary.

I have used Xastir under Microsoft Windows 2000 and I suspect that there are
many other people that have used it under all varieties of Microsoft Windows.
RTFM!

-Jim KB0THN