[aprssig] AGWTracker now with dynamic mapping capability built-in

Bill Vodall WA7NWP wa7nwp at jnos.org
Mon Nov 28 16:46:53 EST 2005

> I wish I had an answer to that question with every piece of ham software
> I have come to use and love. Can't find a socially acceptable way to ask
> a fellow ham/software developer "so if and when you die, what are you
> going to do with the source code?"

I think it's a question we have to ask.  Not so much for the "source
code" itself but the product in general.   Also not so much for the SK
issue, but folks move on to other projects or they can no longer justify
the time investment required to maintain a software project.

It wouldn't have to be releasing the source -- just moving the project
on to somebody else to work on it.  JavAprs, when Steve handed it over
to Pete, is a good example.

I believe it can be a positive cycle.  If we "support" folks doing good
work, they will do more of it in a timely manner.  Likewise, if somebody
or some company (K.... are you listening?) doesn't provide a reasonable
exit strategy and timely updates - then we should direct our "support"
to those that do.

> www.wb8nut.com

Bill