[aprssig] AGWTracker now with dynamic mapping capability built-in

Amateur Radio WB8NUT duffy at wb8nut.com
Mon Nov 28 15:16:47 EST 2005

Bill,

I wish I had an answer to that question with every piece of ham software
I have come to use and love. Can't find a socially acceptable way to ask
a fellow ham/software developer "so if and when you die, what are you
going to do with the source code?"

I really wish Roger had made his source code public domain so another or
others could have picked it up and taken it to the next level. After
using AGWTracker, it would have been nice to have it using an Internet
mapping source and multiple map view tiled or tabbed. But, it will never
come. George has features in his application that UIV does not have and
UIV has features that would be nice if George added them to AGWTracker.

Anyway, I always like experimenting with new APRS software and I am
really starting to like AGWTracker. Then again, I have always been an
early adopter. I was on UI-View when others still poo-poo-ed it as not
being all there. Roger got it there, but changes in APRS will pass it by
but who knows how soon. AGWTracker, still has a little ways to go, but
it is close. This stuff is fun.

Duffy
www.wb8nut.com