[aprssig] AGWTracker now with dynamic mapping capability built-in

Mikael Eriksson mikael.eriksson at mbox301.swipnet.se
Tue Nov 29 14:19:50 EST 2005

>I'm surprised no one has linked Ui-View or whatever to Memory Map, Ozi
>Explorer etc, or in the UK, Anquet Maps.  For the future no doubt.  They
>have the ability to communicate with other applications, I just don't
>have the time to research how it works.

Hi!

One of the biggest problems is that if you want to use a map engine in your software,
they usually want a truckload of money for a developers license or they have runtime license,
making it very costly to integrate into UI-View.

In some cases the API only allows you to control their application only, making it impossible to
integrate into UI-View. (Ozi Explorer for instance)

In the case with "Virtual Earth" and "Google Maps" it seems like AGWTracker is violating the "Terms of use"
of these services, making it legally impossible to integrate into UI-View.

Mikael Eriksson
SM7VVN