[aprssig] PK232 TNC as WIDE1-1 digi?

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Fri Nov 18 09:39:11 EST 2005

Settign up a WIDE1-1 digi:

There are only a few settings.
1) Reset to factory defaults
2) MYCALL  CALLSIGN
3) BTEXT !DDMM.hhN1DDDMM.hhW#W1-1 any_other-comment_here
4) B E 600 (what ever is equal to 10 minutes)
5) UNPROTO APN232   <ID's it as a PK232)
6) HID OFF

That is all there is to it.

de Wb4APR, Bob
>>> lists.nospam at bpsmicro.com 11/18/05 8:59 AM >>>
A local group wants to set up an APRS digi in their area. I've been
following the region, and I've convinced them that we don't really need a
Wide-area digi there, but a fill-in would definitely be useful (there are a
few RF holes in the vicinity). This works out, because they only have an old
PK232 digi, which I understand isn't suitable for WIDEn-N use.

I'm not abundantly familiar with this TNC. To save time, I'm asking if
anybody in the group has specific settings that should be applied to turn
this TNC into a WIDE1-1 *only* digi. If I can give them specific
instructions, we can get this digi on the air quickly. If we decide later a
WIDE-area digi is more suitable, we can look at swapping out the TNC with
something UIDIGI-compatible.

Thanks;
Brad.